First Baptist Church is a community of Christian believers. We are part of the universal body of Christ, organized locally under a covenant of faith and fellowship in the Gospel. All are welcome to attend services and participate in our programs regardless of background.
Our core beliefs include:
- There is one true God, the Creator, who exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus became man while remaining God so that he might reveal God and redeem sinful men.
- The Holy Spirit works in our lives, drawing us to Jesus and leading us in faith.
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and without error in the original manuscripts.
- Jesus paid the penalty for sin, the just for the unjust.
- Salvation is of grace through faith, a free gift, and is offered without consideration of our works.
- Repentance and faith are inseparable obligations.
We hold a number of other beliefs that unite us as a local body of believers. You can read the complete articles of faith here:
Child Protection Policy
We want to provide a caring, safe, and secure environment for children and youth in all possible venues of church life.